Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Another (Very) Minor Tweak

I have a control on the main screen that allows me to toggle the tablet's AutoBrightness on and off, but it doesn't get used very much.  99% of the time we're driving in the sun with the top down and I want the tablet at full brightness.  About the only time I use it is on those rare occasions  when we are traveling at night.

It occurred to me today, though, that if I do dim the screen on the tablet, the phone will remain at full brightness.  That would be annoying and since I don't really have a control interface on that unit, changing the brightness would be distracting and annoying, requiring me to go into settings and fumble around.

I don't really want to put controls on the phone, so instead I used AutoRemote.  Now when I toggle the screen brightness on the tablet, it sends a direct message to the phone, which causes it to toggle as well.

As I said, a very minor thing, but when I need to use it, it will be handy.

No comments: